For your guidance
1. The heating and water are run on Economy 7, an off peak system based on a timer.
Please leave the settings alone. The heating is switched on by separate wall switches. Gently pull down where
it states Dimplex. The instructions are inside. Very simply they are set for off peak heating but a boost
control is available to put the heating on when you need it. The water system (in the airing cupboard\) is
the same with a boost available if needed.
2. A separate stand alone convector heater is also provided. This is much better to
use than the boost. It can be set at different temperatures. Please see instructions in this booklet. Please
note the fan on the unit does not work.
3. The heated
towel rail and the heaters in the bathroom and kitchen are operated by pull switches. Please note that the
bathroom towel rail gets red hot. Treat with caution.
4. The fuse boxes are in the bedroom at the left hand side of the left window. It is a
trip system so that if an appliance blows, etc then the trip will probably simply require
5. Spare bulbs, batteries and fuses are supplied and are in a cupboard in the kitchen
above the cooker. Please check that you have the appropriate bulb before attempting to change the bulb. (They
are not all the same; for example the bathroom has a tiny G9 type bulb whereas the standard lamp has a
standard size bulb but it is a screw type. The other bulbs in the bedroom and main room are standard push
6. Spare toilet rolls, salt, pepper, sugar, washing up liquid and washing powder are
provided for your convenience.
7. A selection of paperbacks, games, jigsaws, videos and a pack of playing cards are
provided to be enjoyed. A blank video is provided also.
8. Information is provided for Holy Island tides and for train times elsewhere in this
9. Information and brochures are included in this guide for other attractions in the
area. The Berwick Tourist Office is just down the road in Marygate (see map in this guide) and is an
excellent source of information about anything you need to know about the town and surrounding
10. Bins are emptied on Tuesdays. There is a recycling scheme but for some reason it
does not apply to 2a, 2b or 2c Bell Tower Park. The bin is collected once every two weeks. Check with the
neighbours. Please note that no glass is allowed in the bin. All glass should be taken to the dump up beside
Morrisons. (Turn right at the end of High Greens where Kwikfit is) or in the bins at Somerfield’s in the
town. Other recycling can also be done at Morrison’s. If in
doubt ask Alan at 2A.
11. The cottage is in immaculate condition for your enjoyment. Please help us to keep
it that way. You are specifically requested to wash all dishes, cutlery and pans, dry them and put them away.
A vacuum cleaner is also provided to keep the place clean. Please strip the bed and pile the used bed linen
on top of the bed together with any other bed linen used for sleeping on the settees. Dirty towels should be
placed inside the washer/dryer.
12. The nearest dentist is on 0289 306477 at Victoria House on Castlegate, next to
13. The nearest payphone is on the right hand side of Castlegate going down from 2c
Bell Tower Park and is located between Neil and Sue’s and the Sue Ryder Shop.
14. Please note that the switch behind the microwave in the kitchen can be mistakenly
switched off if you push the microwave against the wall. This switch needs to be on in order for the washing
machine to work.
15. The washing machine is a good washer but a poor dryer. We find that if you spin
everything again when the washer is finished it makes a big difference in the drying time.
16. Please note that the standing lamp in the corner of the lounge works by simply
pressing the two buttons.
17. Sky has now been installed (9.3.10). The original TV remote must be used to switch
the TV on and to change the volume. Then press AV on the TV remote. For everything else please use the Sky
remote. If there are any problems please ring Ollie on 07833441466. If he is not available ring
18. There is also a 3 way scart switcher.
Simply press in
the button you require. Only one button at a time must be in the on position or nothing will
Have a great holiday and do come back!
Ian & Sylvia Heslop 01661 833071